Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh, the Horror

As you may all recall, I hate spiders. HATE them. So then why, I ask myself, have I moved to a country that never really gets cold enough in the winter to kill them all and where apparantly they don't believe in putting screens on windows???? We are being invaded. I have started to just get the vacuum out in the morning and keep it handy all the time...I haven't used a vacuum this much since I had a chore list from my mother. For the most part they are pretty little or the spindly kind that seem to love the bathrooms, but this morning there was a big nasty one, straight out of the movie Arachnophobia, I swear. Nothing to get the heart going like almost stepping on that. Now I keep peering into the vacuum canister to make sure its not crawling around in there...nightmares, I'm going to have nightmares...

We are headed to York tomorrow for an overnight stay. Hope everyone will be enjoying their long weekend.

1 comment:

Ziggy said...

That reminds me of when Nancy was a little girl in Havana, Cuba. They don't used window screens either, and they have lizards and scorpions!!!