Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wine, and Veggies

So our neighbor works for a wine distributor (Pieroth Limited - http://www.pieroth.de/) and he came over last night with about 20 bottles of wine and did a tasting for us (And by "us" I mean Matt had the tasting and I took a small sip from his). The selection of wines was really good, and we ended up getting a fair number of bottles - maybe enough that Matt won't drink it all before I can have a regular glass of wine again finally! But, when we need more, all we have to do is go next door and order it - how great is that?

And, in other "life couldn't get any easier" news, we are also now getting organic fruit and vegetables delivered to our door. We had been searching for a good farmers market and instead found River Nene, http://www.rivernene.co.uk/, a local organic farm that puts together weekly "veggie boxes" of seasonal produce for home delivery. And each week you can select additional items to go in your box, like more veggies, fruit, and even dairy products and juices. This week, our "small" box had carrots, cabbage, potatoes, green peppers, onions, sweet potato, swede and pok choi. And we added pears to it. See:



Unfortunately, the milk delivery thing never worked out. Our milkman never showed up. Then I saw an ad in the local paper that they were trying to hire a milkman for the Stevenage area, so maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well, I guess everything can't just show up on our doorstep, or I would never have to leave the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wine guy next door who delivers; Fresh produce brought to the door. Any units available in your complex?