Sunday, March 18, 2007

Frozen Wedding Cake

I think ours may be in the freezer somewhere in the Miling basement in Verona...so I expect it to be defrosted and eaten tonight in our honor! Andrej, that means you.

So it is our very first wedding anniversary (thank you to those who already commented!!), and we are in Turin. What a great way to celebrate. We arrived around noon today (the flight wasn't even two hours long, it's hard to believe we are this close to Italy) and after we checked into the hotel, we spent about 4 hours wandering in the city and had lunch in one of the squares (piazzas) at an outdoor cafe. It's been really nice - the sun was shining and it was probably 60 degrees - we had some gelato while we walked and it felt like spring. We also happened to walk into a small farmer's market/street market, where they were selling all kinds of cheeses, biscotti, wines, etc... We sampled some cheese and bought a small chunk and picked up a bag of coffee flavored biscotti. Yum. Now Matt is napping before we figure out what to do for dinner. Hmmm, sounds like all we do is eat...??

Matt will be working for the next three days, but I have a brochure on suggested walks and I plan to work my way through it. I'll have lots of pictures to post next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frozen wedding cake?? I heard it tastes pretty bad.....Don't do it Andrej! Happy anniversary again!! Post some pictures soon!
Dana

Ziggy said...

Happy Anniversary Leslie & Matt. We had another 8" of snow here in sunny Syracuse, which I'm sure you miss. I hope you're enjoying the time of your lives.

PS Adam is in Germany now for 2 weeks of training.