On Tuesday, I went to the Egyptian museum, which is the only museum dedicated solely to Egyptian artifacts outside of Egypt. I don't know if it's worth the bragging rights, as it was a pretty small museum.
This guy still had all his teeth...

Mummified cats - this is what we will do to Bean someday...

Above: the Grand Staircase, which is directly inside the building below. The back half of the building (out of the picture, but shown two pictures below) is actually a castle, and inside are the Roman ruins of its foundation. 




Below: the chapel where Jesus' supposed burial shroud is kept - tightly locked away of course, a facsimile is on display for tourists. I did not go inside to see it.
Below: This is the aforementioned castle, which forms the back half of the building two pictures up.
Another fine specimen from the Egyptian museum:
Below is a view looking up the River Po.
Above is the walkway in front of the medieval village - constructed in the 1800s for a fair, but built to supposedly exact specifications of medieval times.
If Paddy had been there, the picture above would have been of her with her hands in the fountain.


1 comment:
Turin looks amazing! I seem to have lost your email, so emial me again because I have that very important document you wanted all typed up and ready for delivery!
Kara
Post a Comment