I am feeling mostly back to "normal" - got out for a short walk today, and fought a losing battle with my mother over vacuuming (her "winning" argument: "But I haven't gotten to vacuum in a week!") So anyway, still some discomfort, but I am getting there.
On Sunday, Micky, the midwife who delivered Charlotte, came by for Charlotte's 5 day check-up and heel-prick test. Everything went well - her jaundice is clearing up nicely, and she gained weight! Micky couldn't believe it - breastfed babies generally lose weight at the start, but Charlotte is just over 9 pounds already. What can I say, the kid likes to eat. This is Micky:
I cannot even begin to tell you how many pictures have been taken of this child between her Daddy and her Grandpa, but here is one of my latest favorites:
And, this was a nice one that the photographer for the local newspaper took. I think the article on 2007 Christmas babies will be in this week's paper, so we'll try to post it on the blog if it is. We told him that Charlotte's Grandpa was also born on Christmas Day, so he got everyone in the picture.


6 comments:
Happy New Year Everybody! The pictures are all so awesome and I love to look at each and every one of them. I hope Grandpa Steve will share pictures when they return.
Happy New year!! I hope you are all feeling well! You all look awesome together. Such a cute little family!! Leslie, when you are up in the night for feedings feel free to call me!! How is she doing with that??
Dana:)
By the way...she is SO cute. I think she also looks a little bit like Ryan??? Do you agree?
Dana
She is an exquisitely beautiful baby. The pictures are wonderful, and I'm glad to "meet" the midwife, too! Sounds like all is going well -- the blog is such a wonderful communication tool -- it makes it all so immediate! Give yourselves a hug from me. Winter babies are wonderful; you get to enjoy the snuggly winter time, and just about the time you're starting to feel stir crazy from winter and baby, the weather warms up and they're better able to truly benefit from outdoor things because they're old enough to truly take it all in. Our oldest was January 4 (born in Boston) and our youngest was December 12 (born in Iowa) -- we love our August baby too
Chris (and Michael and family)
congratz!!!!!! she is so beautiful. wish we could be there. we miss and love you tons.
-amelia
Now I've become addicted to the blog if I don't check daily I go through withdrawal! I love seeing all of you and I feel lucky that we get to share in all of your joy. I hope all is going well - I can imagine that things are exciting and exhausting (let Paddy vacuum if she so desires!) We love ya and miss ya!
Post a Comment